Garden inspiration abounds in spring. You just need to know where to look for it.
Generous homeowners and gardeners open their garden gates in spring and let enthusiastic plant nerds like me walk around and take a bazillion pix. It’s a great time to be inspired, to be out in nature, and to talk with gardeners.
I’ve compiled a list of Atlanta area spring garden tours. A few are straight from Google, along with my favorites (Cobb MG, Penny McHenry HydrangeaFest).
And remember my top tips for Garden Tours:
- Best light for photos is early morning. Start on time if you want the best pics.
- Stay hydrated. Pack a cooler with bottled water if you’re traveling with fellow garden tourists.
- Wear your comfiest shoes. You’ll do a lot of walking.
- Stay in designated areas and on marked paths.
- Thank the volunteers and the hosts.
- Pack your patience. We’re all here to enjoy gardens.
April 15, 2023 10 am – 4 pm. Piedmont Gardeners Tour, Athens, Georgia.
April 19, 2023 10 am – 3 pm. Cherokee Garden Club, Atlanta, Georgia.
April 28 – 30, 2023. Druid Hills Tour, Atlanta, Georgia.
May 6, 20203 10 am – 4 pm. Keep Smyrna Beautiful Garden Tour, Smyrna, Georgia.
May 20, 2023. Cobb Master Gardeners Garden Tour, East Cobb County, Georgia.
May 21, 12 pm – 5 pm. Midtown Atlanta Garden Stroll, Atlanta, Georgia.
June 3, 2023. Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival & Garden Tours, Douglasville, Georgia.
June 3, 2023 10 am – 4 pm. Celebration Garden Tour sponsored by North Fulton Master Gardeners, Sandy Springs, Georgia.
June 10, 2023 9 am – 5 pm. American Hydrangea Society Annual Garden Tour, Atlanta, Georgia.
More Gardening Stories
Let Me Know Your Favorite Garden Tours
Let’s talk about gardening and more on Instagram and Facebook. Leave a comment on this story. I’d love to hear from you!
Leave a Comment